top of page

Where Can I Get Help?

When abuse, neglect or exploitation has happened in long-term care it is important to report it to the state so there is an accurate picture of maltreatment. The first step is to report a complaint to MAARC or if the situation is an urgent medical or criminal situation call the local police at 911 to get immediate help. It the situation involves the wrongdoing of a nurse contact the Board on Nursing. Contact Elder Voice Advocates via our ‘Contact’ page for additional explanation about these resources and other questions.


Adults 18 years and over can call toll free:


The first step is to call MAARC who will get the information and pass it on to the OHFC. This reporting line is confidential and your identity cannot be released without a court order.

  • Press option 1 to report the suspected abuse or neglect.

  • Press option 2 to listen to information about MAARC.


bottom of page